Alright, creeps... 'tis time! Well... almost time! We certainly hope you got those votes in because the FANGORIA Chainsaw Awards are coming to you Sunday, May 15th at 7pm ET, exclusively on Shudder! This year's festivities will be hosted by the one and only David Dastmalchian (The Suicide Squad, Dune) and David is bringing along some friends (and fiends) to celebrate some of our favorite horror accomplishments of the last year.
This year's festivities feature Dee Wallace, Joe Lo Truglio, Joe Dante, Tracie Thoms, Jim Cummings, Rachel True and the directing team known as Radio Silence (Ready or Not, Scream) among its presenters (full list below.) This year’s nominees include Candyman, Last Night in Soho, Titane, Chucky, and Midnight Mass. Will your favorites take home the coveted chainsaw? Who will win the fill-in-the-blank Best Kill category!?
“Last year’s Chainsaw Awards were not only a highlight of the year in horror, but a testimony to the very spirit of the genre, as ingenuity and resourcefulness won out over the challenges of production during lockdown,” said our very own EIC Phil Nobile Jr. “We’ve upped the ante this year and added some new categories, and we’re excited for fans to tune in to once again celebrate an amazing year for horror and its fans.”
“Shudder is proud to once again join forces with FANGORIA to celebrate the best in horror, as voted on by the horror community itself,” said Shudder General Manager Craig Engler.
This year's ceremony will premiere Sunday, May 15 at 7pm ET on Shudder TV, Shudder’s in-app programming feed, with additional pre and post shows streaming via Fango’s social media accounts. The Awards will be made available on demand on Shudder across all platforms, partners and territories beginning Monday, May 16.
Full list of presenters:
- The Boulet Brothers (The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula)
- Alejandro Brugues (director, Juan of the Dead, Nightmare Cinema)
- Peaches Christ (performer/filmmaker, All About Evil)
- Jim Cummings (filmmaker, The Beta Test)
- Joe Dante (director, The Howling, Gremlins)
- Tananarive Due (author; screenwriter, The Twilight Zone)
- Bryan Fuller (producer, Hannibal, Queer for Fear)
- Michael Gingold (writer, FANGORIA; Ad Nauseam)
- Brea Grant (filmmaker, 12-Hour-Shift)
- Harvey Guillén (actor, What We Do in the Shadows)
- Elric Kane (Colors of the Dark podcast)
- Joe Lo Truglio (actor/filmmaker, Wet Hot American Summer; Outpost)
- Harry Manfredini (composer, Friday the 13th)
- Rebekah McKendry (Colors of the Dark podcast)
- Misha Osherovich (actor, Freaky)
- Jeff Daniel Phillips (actor, The Munsters)
- Diana Prince (aka Darcy the Mail Girl, The Last Drive-in with Joe Bob Briggs)
- Radio Silence (filmmakers, Scream)
- Daniel Roebuck (actor, The Munsters)
- Felissa Rose (actor, Sleepaway Camp)
- Josh Ruben (filmmaker, Werewolves Within)
- Tiffany Shepis (actor, Victor Crowley)
- Tracie Thoms (actor, Death Proof)
- Rachel True (actor, Horror Noire, The Craft)
- Michael Varrati (writer, Midnight Mass podcast)
- Dee Wallace (actor, The Howling, Cujo)
Since 1992, the Chainsaw Awards have honored top achievements in the horror genre, with past recipients including Wes Craven, George A. Romero, Lupita Nyong’o, Anthony Hopkins, and Elisabeth Moss. Tune in Sunday, May 15th at 7pm ET! We'll see you on Shudder.
The special is produced by Armen Aghaeian, produced and directed by Ama Lea, and written by Michael Varrati. Executive Producers are Tara Ansley, Abhi Goel, and Phil Nobile Jr.