Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights offers guests the chance to roam portions of the backlot, albeit whilst being stalked by things that go bump or *insert chainsaw sound here * in the night. A dream (or nightmare, in this instance) for anyone who has ever taken the famed Studio Tram Tour and longed to hop off to set foot on the hallowed grounds of the Bates Motel. This year attendees will be dodging dopplegangers through Jupiter's Claim for a truly nightmarish Jordan Peele mashup, bringing the horrors of Us and Nope to the Universal Terror Tram. The crossover experience reimagines Us, featuring The Tethered army of vengeful doppelgangers, whose uprising invades the all-new Jupiter’s Claim set from Peele's latest pop nightmare, Nope.
Guests will get to explore parts of the famous movie studio backlot by foot, in the "Terror Tram" experience. This year's premise: the villainous Hollywood Harry unravels “Hollywood Harry’s Halloween,” a nightmarish spectacle with a demented cast of characters that winds past the iconic Psycho House and through Steven Spielberg’s War of the Worlds set. According to a Universal press release, "As guests make their way through a choreographed massacre at the Jupiter’s Claim set from Nope, they will encounter The Tethered from Us in a frightening finale of epic proportions. After the success of the 2019 Us house, this experience will feature all-new choreography by conceptual artist and choreographer Madeline Hollander."
In addition to the expanded Terror Tram experience, Universal will also feature The Weeknd After Hours Nightmare, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, original haunted houses La Llorona: The Weeping Woman, Scarecrow: The Reaping and Universal Horror Hotel. The screams start September 8, get your tickets here and take a peek at the Terror Tram below.
And here's this year's full lineup, complete with mazes and scare zones.
- “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare” takes guests into the twisted mind of multi award-winning artist The Weeknd as they step into a surreal living nightmare filled with grotesque characters and themes inspired by his music and short films.
- “Halloween” ventures back to where it all began in an eerily authentic haunted house that depicts the most chilling moments from the critically-acclaimed original film.
- “The Horrors of Blumhouse” brings to life Blumhouse’s supernatural thriller The Black Phone and horror-comedy Freaky.
- “Universal Monsters: Legends Collide” expands on the thrilling legacy from Universal Pictures as the most notorious horror icons, The Wolf Man, Dracula and The Mummy, come together for the first time ever in an epic battle.
- MGM’s “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” traps guests in a frightening funhouse of murderous clown-like creatures.
- “La Llorona: The Weeping Woman” features the legend of La Llorona who comes to life to terrorize the living as she mourns the children she murdered.
- “Scarecrow: The Reaping” finds that Mother Nature’s retribution against the homesteaders for their sins of the past will be carried out by the farmland’s scarecrows who have remained mute witnesses – and are now guardians of destruction for anyone who crosses their path.
- “Universal Horror Hotel” lives ups to its reputation as the original owner, who was executed years ago for his dastardly deeds, continues to haunt the place today – and guests must escape his vengeful spirit or risk becoming a permanent resident.
- Award-winning hip-hop dance crew Jabbawockeez brings an all-new, high-energy show nightly to this year’s event, featuring their gravity-defying dance moves, special effects and pulse-pounding music.
All-new scare zones will taunt and torment guests as they navigate the darkness from one terrifying house to the next:
- “El Pueblo del Terror” is an extension of “La Llorona: The Weeping Woman” as the horror continues once guests exit the haunted house and discover there is no escaping the frightening legend along with other supernatural characters from Latin America’s most frightening myths.
- “Sideshow Slaughterhouse” turns New York Street into a battle zone as the performers and workers from a seedy carnival sideshow are on a murderous rampage.
- “Clownsawz” features a demonic troop of clowns who band together to terrorize guests with chainsaws as they enter the park.
Guests also can revel at select theme park attractions open during the run of event, including “Jurassic World—The Ride,” “Transformers™: The Ride-3D,” “Revenge of the Mummy—The Ride” and “The Simpsons Ride™.”
“The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” will also be open during Halloween Horror Nights, inviting guests to experience some of their favorite attractions, including “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™” and “Flight of the Hippogriff™.” For the first time ever, Death Eaters™, a group of Voldemort’s most devoted followers, will roam Hogsmeade™ village, looking to find others willing to show loyalty to the Dark Lord’s cause.