Every Tuesday, we have a very special treat for you readers – we're publishing, in its entirety, a new issue of FANGORIA's original run. As of last week, we had Issues 1-8 of Volume 1 published, and today we're thrilled to publish Vol. 1 Issue 9, originally printed in November 1980.
The Motel Hell issue of FANGORIA has long been considered the holy grail of the magazine's original print run, a nearly impossible to score collectible that you can now read, cover to cover, on your computer! What a world! Not to put too fine a point on it, but you're welcome.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- Uncle Bob Martin, the magazine's first editor (and contributor to this very website!) covers Kevin Connor's gory and bizarre horror comedy (and secret vegetarian treatise?) Motel Hell
- Martin and Jim Wynorski offer an exclusive sneak preview of Joe Dante's The Howling, including the sort of transformation money-shot we editors would KILL for in our own pages when covering new werewolf fare
- Andre DeToth examines his own film House of Wax
- A Jamie Lee Curtis-centric look at the upcoming (at the time) Terror Train
- Plus less strictly horror but still compelling titles as Conan, Thundarr the Barbarian (alternative name for #9: The Barbarian Issue?), The Elephant Man and more!
Read every single gorgeous page of this sucker HERE.