You may have noticed that we've been running quite a few trailer posts and release-date stories for brand-new horror projects that're due to arrive in October. We've certainly noticed! The sheer number of horror films and creepy TV shows and reboots and sequels arriving next month has become nearly overwhelming, but hey - when you're talking about horror, that's a good problem to have.
Now, we haven't quite done the math on this, but from where we're standing it looks as though Netflix may have more new horror on offer than anyone else this Spooky Season. Just take a look at this list of everything hitting the nigh unstoppable streaming giant, starting October 5th with John Lee Hancock's adaptation of Stephen King's Mr. Harrigan's Phone:
- Oct. 5th - Mr. Harrigan's Phone
- Oct. 7th - Midnight Club
- Oct. 7th - Conversations With a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes
- Oct. 14th - The Curse of Bridge Hollow
- Oct. 18th, 25th, and Nov. 1st - Unsolved Mysteries Vol. 3
- Oct. 25th - Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities (two new eps every day from Oct. 25th-Oct. 28th)
- Oct. 26th - The Good Nurse
- Oct. 28th - Wendell & Wild
- Oct. TBD - The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself
Phew! That's a lot of new horror. Right now, our most highly-anticipated titles are the aforementioned Mr. Harrigan's Phone, Mike Flanagan's Midnight Club series, Guillermo del Toro's Lovecraftian anthology series, and Henry Selick's Wendell & Wild, but of course you'll have your own to-do lists. Good luck getting all that viewing in before November 1st, gang!