Robin Hardy’s restored “THE WICKER MAN: THE FINAL CUT” to hit U.S. Theaters this fallMovies/TV,News Samuel Zimmerman
After a wide search by director Robin Hardy and StudioCanal proved fruitful, the Christopher Lee-starring classic THE WICKER MAN has been restored to the filmmaker’s original 92-minute vision. Coming together rather quickly, THE WICKER MAN: THE FINAL CUT is slated to hit UK cinemas and Blu-ray this fall, leaving stateside fans to wonder when they’d get an official look. Fortunately, the answer is also this fall.
Rialto Pictures, who do a stellar job reissuing repertory titles, is now representing StudioCanal and will roll out THE WICKER MAN: THE FINAL CUT in limited theatrical release beginning September 27 in New York City at the IFC Center. From there, and throughout October and November, the film will play Chicago, IL; Pittsburg, PA; Huntington, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA; and Silver Spring, MD.
THE WICKER MAN, of course, is the beloved film about Police Sergeant Neil Howie’s search for a missing girl on the island of Summerisle and the pagan atmosphere he finds himself increasingly disturbed and trapped by.
You can find the full list of U.S. dates and cities below. For more on the theatrical release, visit Rialto and keep up with the film at its official Facebook. THE WICKER MAN: THE FINAL CUT is out on a 40th anniversary Blu-ray and DVD in the UK on October 13.
• September 27 – October 3 NEW YORK, NY IFC Center
• October 25 – 31 CHICAGO, IL Music Box Theatre
• October 28 – 31 PITTSBURGH, PA Pittsburgh Filmmakers at Regent Square
• October 31 HUNTINGTON, NY Cinema Arts Centre
• November 1 – 7 LOS ANGELES, CA Landmark Theatres – Nuart
• November 8 – 14 PHILADELPHIA, PA Landmark Theatres – Ritz at the Bourse
• November 22 – 24 SILVER SPRING, MD AFI Silver Theatre