“PHANTASM” Series Explored in in-depth book, “PHANTASM EXHUMED”Movies/TV,News Samuel Zimmerman
Author and Phantasm Archives head, Dustin McNeill is gearing up to unleash a comprehensive and in-depth examination and exploration of Don Coscarelli’s beloved, strange beast of a horror series, PHANTASM.
Having birthed an iconic villain in The Tall Man, as well as a rich, far-out mythology, the PHANTASM series is rightly cherished and ripe for both analysis and chronicling. PHANTASM EXHUMED then, is described as “a massive retrospective on the making of the PHANTASM series just in time for the 35th anniversary of the original film.” Author McNeill writes, “The book takes a day-by-day look at each film’s production with unprecedented access and detail. Basically, the secrets of the sphere are about to be revealed and as the tagline suggests… ‘all it took was a little digging.'”
Set for release in March 2014, PHANTASM EXHUMED entails:
• An Introduction by Angus Scrimm
• More than 200 rare photos, many never before seen
• Written from more than sixty interviews with cast, crew, effects creators, producers and studio execs
• Unpublished excerpts from Angus Scrimm’s 1977 set journals
• Coverage of the unproduced PHANTASMs (Roger Avary’s Phantasm 1999, the Phantasm remake, various P5’s)
• A chapter on Don Coscarelli’s first two films, Jim the World’s Greatest and Kenny & Company
• Detailed information on deleted scenes and script changes for all four films
For more on the book, including how you can get your hands on it, head over to the official website.