NJ: Horror Happens at a frightful Film Festival this Saturday!
Independent genre moviemaking of all stripes is celebrated at the Horror Happens Film Festival, which has a diverse slate of features and shorts lined up for this Saturday, August 23.
The fest takes place at the historic Washington Theatre, located in Warren County at 165 E. Washington Avenue, Washington, NJ, beginning at 12:30 p.m. (doors open at noon). Presented by the folks behind the Horror Happens Radio Show, it will present four features: Patrick Rea’s NAILBITER (pictured above), Rodrigo Gudiño’s THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF ROSALIND LEIGH, Jack Thomas Smith’s INFLICTION and Mike O’Mahony’s A DARK PLACE INSIDE. The shorts on the schedule are:
• L. Gustavo Cooper’s VELVET ROAD
• Adrián Cardona and David Muñoz’s FIST OF JESUS
• Jeremiah Kipp and Rob Dimension’s BAGGAGE
• Justin Morales’ BLESSED ARE THE POOR
• Patrick Rea’s COUNTER PARTS
• Liam Makrogiannis’ BLOOD MASK
• Thomas Ryan’s DAY 9
• Patricia Chica’s CERAMIC TANGO
• Izzy Lee’s PICKET and LEGITIMATE
• Skip Shea’s AVE MARIA
• Billy Pon’s DOLL BOY
• Manny Serrano’s M IS FOR MASTECTOMY
• Thomas Caruso’s ZOMBIE
Filmmakers Smith, O’Mahony, Kipp, Dimension, Shea, Makrogiannis and possibly others will appear for Q&As, and there will be vendors and refreshments on hand. Tickets are $15 for a full-day pass, or $5 for each of the four blocks of movies, with sales helping support the restoration of the Washington Theatre. For more info, see the event’s official website.