Nitehawk Shorts Festival Announces MIDNITE BlockNews Samuel Zimmerman
Brooklyn, New York’s celebrated Nitehawk Cinema—a wonderfully programmed haven for film and food and beverage—is anticipating its second go at the Nitehawk Shorts Festival, its five-night celebration of shorts filmmaking and filmmakers. For its 2014 edition, Nitehawk Shorts Fest has introduced a MIDNITE block, highlighting weird, frightening, experimental work across the globe, co-programmed by Nitehawk’s Caryn Coleman and Fango’s own Samuel Zimmerman. The official lineup has been revealed and it’s something special, featuring THE STOMACH, HE TOOKS HIS SKIN OFF FOR ME, the text-bassed MCDREAMY and more.
Unspooling at Midnight on Friday, November 21, this program features short films by international filmmakers more appropriately viewed after dark. Screening includes an introduction by Caryn Coleman, Sam Zimmerman and filmmakers.
For more on Nitehawk Shorts Festival, including tickets, head to the official site. You can see the full lineup, as well as a gallery of images below.
NITEHAWK SHORTS FESTIVAL: MIDNITE PROGRAM
• Darren Banks – INTERIORS (ALT Ending) (10 minutes)
• Peter McCoubrey and Luke McCoubrey – THE GREY MATTER (18 minutes)
• Andrea McGinty – MCDREAMY (2 minutes)
• Claire Ensslin – PEDESTRIAN (7 minutes)
• Ben Aston – HE TOOK HIS SKIN OFF FOR ME (11 minutes)
• David Cronenberg – THE NEST (9 minutes)
• Rick Niebe – STUDY FOR INTERIOR WITH FIGURES AND SOUNDS (4 minutes)
• Jesse Burks – ONE PLEASE (6 minutes)
• Bonnie Black – BRUTE (15 minutes)
• Ben Steiner – THE STOMACH (15 minutes)