New Info: Arrow’s Uncut “MARK OF THE DEVIL” Blu-ray!Movies/TV,News Ken W. Hanley
Earlier this year, FANGORIA reported on U.K. specialty distributor Arrow Films plans to expand their releases to the U.S., and now we have the lowdown on their first release, Michael Armstrong’s MARK OF THE DEVIL. And aside from the previously announced release date of March 17th, FANGORIA can now confirm the release will bring the uncut version of the film to the U.S. and U.K. for the very first time!
For those unfamiliar, MARK OF THE DEVIL has long been one of the most controversial titles in German Horror Cinema, having been censored and edited around the world. The film follows a Witchfinder and his apprentice (played by Herbert Lom and Udo Kier, respectively), who find themselves at odds when one goes too far in their pursuit of devil worshipers. The film was a box office success due to its sensational marketing campaign, which included free sick bags being given to audience members with admission.
Aside from a new high-definition transfer from the original film materials, Arrow Films’ MARK OF THE DEVIL Blu-ray/DVD combo disc will come with a slew of great features, such as:
- Original German and English audio tracks, with newly translated English subtitles on the German audio track.
- Audio Commentary from director Michael Armstrong, moderated by Calum Waddell
- “Mark of the Times”, a feature-length documentary on High Rising Productions
- “Hallmark of the Devil”, in which FANGORIA’s Michael Gingold looks back on MARK’s controversial U.S. distributor, Hallmark Releasing
- Vintage Interviews with composer Michael Holm and actors Udo Kier, Herbert Fux, Gaby Fuchs, Ingeborg Schöner and Herbert Lom
- “Mark of the Devil: Now and Then”, which looks at the film’s locations and how they appear today
- Outtakes, Gallery, Reversible Sleeve Art and an Illustrated Collector’s Booklet
MARK OF THE DEVIL will hit U.S. and U.K. Blu-ray shelves on March 17th, and you can pre-order the set here.