Ken W. Hanley is the Managing Web Editor for FANGORIA and STARLOG, as well as the former Web Editor for Diabolique Magazine and a contributing writer to YouWonCannes.com. He’s a graduate from Montclair State University, where he received an award for Excellence in Screenwriting. He’s currently working on screenplays, his debut novel “THE I IN EVIL”, and various other projects, and can be followed on Twitter: @movieguyiguess.
Mile High Horror Film Festival ’15: “RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD” Poster, FANGORIA Prizes & Craven Screening Revealed!Home,Movies/TV,News Ken W. Hanley
The time is almost nigh, horror hounds, as Mile High Horror Film Festival tears into the Alamo Drafthouse in Littleton, Colorado this Thursday, October 1st ‘till Sunday, October 4th. However FANGORIA has some very last minute updates for those attending MHHFF 2015, including their first look at our exclusive RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD VHS screening poster and more information on the very first live recording of WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL!
First, FANGORIA has the exclusive look at the official poster for our 30th Anniversary VHS Screening of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD at Mile High Horror Film Festival 2015! The poster, designed by Joe Oliver of the Denver-based art collective Laser Party, highlights RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD star Linnea Quigley (who will be in attendance at Mile High Horror) as Trash, as well as other iconic moments from the horror comedy classic. This posted will be sold at the Laser Party booth at Mile High Horror 2015 on Friday and Saturday, with prices and dimensions TBA. You can also grab tickets to the RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD screening at Mile High Horror HERE.
Next up is an update to FANGORIA’s live podcast recording of WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL with Joe DeRosa and Patrick Walsh, which doubles as a 25th Anniversary Screening of MANIAC COP 2! FANGORIA is pleased to announce that the film will be preceded by an exclusive FANGORIA prize giveaway, in which 10 lucky attendees will be receiving one of the following prizes: Laser Party’s Mile High Horror RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD Poster, Arrow Video’s EATEN ALIVE Blu-ray/DVD Combo, Alterna Comics’ 10-issue ULTIMATE NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD #1s, Universal Monsters Digital HD Prize Pack, Warner Bros. Hammer Horror Classics Blu-ray Set, 40th Anniversary ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW Blu-ray, Digital Copy of MANIAC COP 2’s Original Soundtrack, Studiohouse’s CHILD’S PLAY / SCREAM Poster Set and more, including two prizes FANGORIA cannot even publicly announce! Yet the only way to win these prizes is to attend WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL LIVE: MANIAC COP 2 at Mile High Horror Film Festival 2015, so order your tickets to the very first live FANGORIA podcast recording on Saturday, October 3rd HERE.
Lastly, Mile High Horror has officially announced that their Wes Craven In Memoriam screening will be none other than A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, with a pre-screening appearance via Skype by the one and only Heather Langenkamp! The first official festival screening, taking place on 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 1st, will pay tribute to the late, great Master of Horror himself, and aims to bring the slasher classic to the big screen once more; tickets for the screening can be found HERE.
And for the more indecisive attendees, the rest of the Mile High Horror line-up is listed below…
– 90th Anniversary Screening of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with live score and Ron Chaney Q&A!***TICKETS HERE***
– 35th Anniversary Screening of THE SHINING with Joseph Turkel and Lisa & Louise Burns Q&A!***TICKETS HERE***
– 30th Anniversary VHS Screening of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, presented by FANGORIA with Linnea Quigley Q&A! ***TICKETS HERE***
– 30th Anniversary 35mm Screening of SILVER BULLET presented by Ken Hanley’s THE I IN EVIL!***TICKETS HERE***
– 10th Anniversary Unrated Screening of THE DESCENT with Neil Marshall Q&A! ***TICKETS HERE***
– 10th Anniversary Screening of THE DEVIL’S REJECTS with Sid Haig Q&A! ***SOLD OUT***
– Rare, Unrated 35mm Screening of HATCHET with Adam Green and Kane Hodder Q&A!***TICKETS HERE***
– 35th Anniversary Midnight Screening of Ruggero Deodato’s CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST!***TICKETS HERE***
– 10th Anniversary Screening of SAW II with Tobin Bell Q&A! ***TICKETS HERE***
– HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES Screening with Sid Haig Q&A! ***TICKETS HERE***
– SAW Screening with Tobin Bell Q&A! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Unrated 35mm HATCHET II Screening with Kane Hodder and Adam Green Q&A!
– Colorado Premiere of TALES OF HALLOWEEN with Neil Marshall Q&A, Moderated by Adam Green! ***Q&A SCREENING SOLD OUT; ENCORE SCREENING TICKETS HERE***
– All-Day Music Showcase with Ari Lehman’s First Jason, Viretta, Chimney Choir, Arise in Chaos, Eye of Minerva, Native Daughters and Wheelchair Sports Camp! ***TICKETS HERE***
– LGBT in Horror Panel with FINAL DESTINATION writer Jeffrey Reddick and BLOOD LUSThost Bailey Jay! ***TICKETS HERE***
– U.S. Premiere of Julien Seri’s NIGHT FARE! ***TICKETS HERE***
– World Premiere of Terry Miles’ EVEN LAMBS HAVE TEETH with Cast & Crew Q&A! ***TICKETS HERE***
– U.S. Premiere of Levan Bakhia’s LANDMINE GOES CLICK! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Distributors Panel with XYZ Films’ Nata Bolotin and Drafthouse Films’ Greg MacLennan!***TICKETS HERE***
– Make-Up SFX Panel with FACE-OFF‘s Kevon Ward and Evan Hedges! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Mile High Horror’s Screenwriter’s Block! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Steve Hoban, Brett Sullivan & Grant Harvey’s A CHRISTMAS HORROR STORY, starring William Shatner! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Dan Berk & Robert Olsen’s BODY, starring Helen Rogers & Larry Fessenden! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Jason Krawczyk’s HE NEVER DIED, starring Henry Rollins! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Onur Tukel’s APPLESAUCE, starring Dylan Baker! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Ben Cresciman’s SUN CHOKE, starring Barbara Crampton! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Chad Archibald’s BITE, starring Elma Begovic! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Karyn Kusama’s THE INVITATION, starring Logan Marshall-Green! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Mickey Keating’s DARLING, starring Lauren Ashley Carter & Sean Young! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Hector Hernandez Vicens’ THE CORPSE OF ANNA FRITZ, starring Alba Ribas! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Todd Strauss-Schulson’s THE FINAL GIRLS, starring Taissa Farmiga & Malin Akerman!***TICKETS HERE***
– Perry Blackshear’s THEY LOOK LIKE PEOPLE, starring Macleod Andrews! ***TICKETS HERE***
– U.S. Premiere of Lucio Rojas’ PATH (a/k/a SENDERO)! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Shorts Program A, featuring Stanley Film Fest favorite CROW HAND! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Shorts Program B, featuring Etheria Film Fest favorite EL GIGANTE! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Shorts Program C, featuring Etheria Film Fest favorite SLUT! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Shorts Program D, featuring Fantastic Fest favorite INTRUDERS! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Shorts Program E, featuring Fantastic Fest favorite BAD GUY #2! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Shorts Program F, featuring the World Premiere of THE PREY! ***TICKETS HERE***
– Sci-Fi Shorts, featuring SXSW favorite PALM ROT! ***TICKETS HERE***
This announcement wraps up FANGORIA’s pre-festival coverage of Mile High Horror 2015, but don’t fret, fright fans: FANGORIA will be live on the scene at festival from Thursday, October 1st until Sunday, October 4th. Individual tickets are still on sale HERE but will be going quick, and rush tickets may be available on some of the sold out screenings! And ou can also be among the first to get the latest Mile High-related announcements and any last minute alterations by signing up for Mile High’s email list HERE or HERE.