Ken W. Hanley is the Managing Web Editor for FANGORIA and STARLOG, as well as the former Web Editor for Diabolique Magazine and a contributing writer to YouWonCannes.com. He’s a graduate from Montclair State University, where he received an award for Excellence in Screenwriting. He’s currently working on screenplays, his debut novel “THE I IN EVIL”, and various other projects, and can be followed on Twitter: @movieguyiguess.
Mile High Horror Film Festival ’15: Individual Tickets Now On Sale; More Screenings, Panels & Award Winners Announced!Home,Movies/TV,News Ken W. Hanley No Comment
With less than a month until the 2015 edition of Mile High Horror Film Festival, which takes place from October 1st to October 4th, haunts the Alamo Drafthouse Littleton in Colorado, FANGORIA has been extremely proud to provide fright fans with the first word on the genre going-ons at the esteemed event. This week, FANGORIA has even more exciting news and announcements, as well as horror hound’s first opportunity to buy individual tickets!
So far, the announced programming has set Mile High Horror at the perfect place to kick off your Halloween season, including:
– 90th Anniversary screening of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, featuring a live score, posthumous Lifetime Achievement Award ceremony for Lon Chaney & Lon Chaney Jr. and a Q&A with Ron Chaney
– 35th Anniversary 35mm screening of THE SHINING, featuring a Q&A with Joseph Turkel and Lisa & Louise Burns
– 30th Anniversary VHS screening of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD presented by FANGORIA, featuring a Q&A with Linnea Quigley
– 30th Anniversary 35mm screening of SILVER BULLET presented by THE I IN EVIL, with an introduction by author & FANGORIA.com Managing Editor Ken W. Hanley
– 10th Anniversary screening of THE DESCENT, featuring a Q&A with director Neil Marshall
– 10th Anniversary screening of THE DEVIL’S REJECTS, featuring a Q&A with star Sid Haig
– Rare unrated 35mm screening of HATCHET, featuring a Q&A with filmmaker Adam Green and star Kane Hodder
– Colorado premiere of TALES OF HALLOWEEN, featuring a Q&A with filmmaker Neil Marshall moderated by Adam Green
– Live Edition of FANGORIA’s WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL Podcast, featuring hosts Joe DeRosa and Patrick Walsh
– All-day Music Showcase, featuring Ari Lehman’s First Jason as well as Viretta, Chimney Choir, Arise in Chaos, Eye of Minerva, Native Daughters and Wheelchair Sports Camp
– LGBT in Horror Panel with a live appearance by FINAL DESTINATION writer Jeffrey Reddick and a Skype appearance from Bailey Jay
– Steve Hoban, Brett Sullivan and Grant Harvey’s holiday horror anthology A CHRISTMAS HORROR STORY
– U.S. Premiere of Julien Seri’s taxi terror NIGHT FARE
– Dan Berk and Robert Olsen’s domestic thriller BODY
– Jason Krawczyk’s festival favorite HE NEVER DIED
– Onur Tukel’s scathing horror comedy APPLESAUCE
– Ben Cresciman’s transgressive directorial debut SUN CHOKE
– Chad Archibald’s gruesome genre offering BITE
– Karyn Kusama’s slow-burn psychodrama THE INVITATION
– Mickey Keating’s deathwave frightener DARLING
– Hector Hernandez Vicens’ Spanish shocker THE CORPSE OF ANNA FRITZ
– Todd Strauss-Schulson’s audience-slaying slasher satire THE FINAL GIRLS
Now, FANGORIA has the announcement on the second wave of programming at Mile High Horror 2015, including:
– The World Premiere of Terry Miles’ EVEN LAMBS HAVE TEETH, with cast members in attendance
– U.S. Premiere of Levan Bakhia’s shocking film LANDMINE GOES CLICK
– Perry Blackshear’s psychological thriller THEY LOOK LIKE PEOPLE
– 35th Anniversary Midnight Screening of Ruggero Deodato’s CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
Next, FANGORIA is excited to announce the recipients of the Mile High Slasher Award: actors Tobin Bell and Sid Haig! Bell will also be on hand for a very special screening of SAW as well as a 10th anniversary screening of SAW II! Meanwhile, Haig will be receiving his award prior to the screening of THE DEVIL’S REJECTS, and will also be on hand for a retrospective screening of HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES as well!
Next, FANGORIA is excited to announce that Mile High Horror will screen Adam Green’s HATCHET II, which will be a part of Sunday’s BRUNCH WITH KANE HODDER series. That’s right: Mile High Horror attendees this year will not only be able to catch Hodder’s terrifying turn in the original HATCHET (presented as Saturday’s BRUNCH WITH KANE HODDER) but will also catch HATCHET II in all of its unrated gory glory as well!
Lastly, Mile High Horror has added three new, awesome events for the festival. The first event is the Screenwriter’s Block, in which attending screenwriters will have an opportunity to have their submitted scripts read and performed by local actors in front of a live audience. The second event will be a Makeup SFX Panel featuring FACE-OFF contestants Kevon Ward and Evan Hedges, in which not only with Hedges and Ward be providing a discussion on the highly-competitive field of Makeup SFX but will also do a live Makeup demo on one lucky MHHFF attendee. Lastly, Mile High Horror will also host a Distributors Panel featuring Nate Bolotin of XYZ Films and Greg MacLennan of Drafthouse Films, in which filmmakers of all stature will get the opportunity to get answers from those who bring films to the masses.
Holy smokes! With a lineup like this, no wonder why both VIP Memberships and Scream Passes have already sold out! However, individual tickets are now on sale HERE, although make sure you get yours while you still can! You can also be among the first to get the latest announcements and any last minute alterations by signing up for Mile High’s email list HERE or HERE.