Mile High Horror Film Festival ‘15: “GOOSEBUMPS” Pre-Fest Screening Added & More!Fearful Features,Home,Movies/TV,News Ken W. Hanley No Comment
With only 2 weeks until Mile High Horror Film Festival kicks off the Halloween season for Colorado-bound fright fans, excitement for the horror fest is at a fever pitch. But just when you think Mile High Horror Film Festival couldn’t get any scarier, Mile High Horror, Alamo Drafthouse Littleton and Sony Pictures are teaming for a special one-night-only event that is guaranteed to give horror hounds GOOSEBUMPS!
That’s right: Mile High Horror Film Festival will be hosting a pre-festival screening of GOOSEBUMPS on Monday, September 28th, with stars Jack Black, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, and Ryan Lee in person! This advanced screening of GOOSEBUMPS gives Mile High their most high profile addition to date, and horror fans will get a chance to see the highly anticipated film more than 2 weeks before it’s released to the public!
For those unfamiliar, here’s the official synopsis for GOOSEBUMPS…
After moving into a small town, a teenage boy named Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) meets Hannah (Odeya Rush), his new neighbor. Hannah’s father, R. L. Stine (Jack Black) himself, writes the Goosebumps stories and keeps all the ghosts and monsters in the series locked up in his manuscripts. Zach and his friend unintentionally release the ghosts and monsters from the manuscripts. Now Zach, Hannah, and Stine team up in order to put the monsters back where they came from before they overrun the town and harm people.
Tickets will be available soon, but are guaranteed to go quickly, so make sure to keep a diligent eye at the Alamo Drafthouse Littleton site HERE. And for those unable to make the screening, be sure to check out Rob Letterman’s GOOSEBUMPS in theaters everywhere from Columbia Pictures on October 16th.
The pre-festival screening of GOOSEBUMPS joins a jaw-dropping line-up that now includes:
– 90th Anniversary Screening of PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with live score and Ron Chaney Q&A
– 35th Anniversary Screening of THE SHINING with Joseph Turkel and Lisa & Louise Burns Q&A
– 30th Anniversary VHS Screening of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, presented by FANGORIA with Linnea Quigley Q&A
– 30th Anniversary 35mm Screening of SILVER BULLET presented by Ken Hanley’s THE I IN EVIL
– 10th Anniversary Unrated Screening of THE DESCENT with Neil Marshall Q&A
– 10th Anniversary Screening of THE DEVIL’S REJECTS with Sid Haig Q&A
– Rare, Unrated 35mm Screening of HATCHET with Adam Green and Kane Hodder Q&A
– 35th Anniversary Midnight Screening of Ruggero Deodato’s CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
– 10th Anniversary Screening of SAW II with Tobin Bell Q&A
– HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES Screening with Sid Haig Q&A
– SAW Screening with Tobin Bell Q&A
– Unrated 35mm HATCHET II Screening with Kane Hodder and Adam Green Q&A
– Live WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL Podcast Recording featuring Joe DeRosa & Patrick Walsh
– Colorado Premiere of TALES OF HALLOWEEN with Neil Marshall Q&A, Moderated by Adam Green
– All-Day Music Showcase with Ari Lehman’s First Jason, Viretta, Chimney Choir, Arise in Chaos, Eye of Minerva, Native Daughters and Wheelchair Sports Camp
– LGBT in Horror Panel with FINAL DESTINATION writer Jeffrey Reddick and BLOOD LUST host Bailey Jay
– U.S. Premiere of Julien Seri’s NIGHT FARE
– World Premiere of Terry Miles’ EVEN LAMBS HAVE TEETH with Cast & Crew Q&A
– U.S. Premiere of Levan Bakhia’s LANDMINE GOES CLICK
– Distributors Panel with XYZ Films’ Nata Bolotin and Drafthouse Films’ Greg MacLennan
– Make-Up SFX Panel with FACE-OFF‘s Kevon Ward and Evan Hedges
– Mile High Horror’s Screenwriter’s Block
– Steve Hoban, Brett Sullivan & Grant Harvey’s A CHRISTMAS HORROR STORY, starring William Shatner
– Dan Berk & Robert Olsen’s BODY, starring Helen Rogers & Larry Fessenden
– Jason Krawczyk’s HE NEVER DIED, starring Henry Rollins
– Onur Tukel’s APPLESAUCE, starring Dylan Baker
– Ben Cresciman’s SUN CHOKE, starring Barbara Crampton
– Chad Archibald’s BITE, starring Elma Begovic
– Karyn Kusama’s THE INVITATION, starring Logan Marshall-Green
– Mickey Keating’s DARLING, starring Lauren Ashley Carter & Sean Young
– Hector Hernandez Vicens’ THE CORPSE OF ANNA FRITZ, starring Alba Ribas
– Todd Strauss-Schulson’s THE FINAL GIRLS, starring Taissa Farmiga & Malin Akerman
– Perry Blackshear’s THEY LOOK LIKE PEOPLE, starring Macleod Andrews
Furthermore, Mile High Horror Film Festival has added Lucio Rojas’ PATH (a/k/a SENDERO), which will be making its U.S. premiere at the Colorado-based fright fest. The film, which will be hot off its World Premiere at Sitges, follows “Ana, a young woman who has just been given a scholarship to study in a foreign country. She decides to celebrate with their friends out of the city. On the road, after helping an injured woman, they are kidnapped by a weird family.” You can get tickets for the film while they’re still available HERE.
FANGORIA also has an update on the live version of Joe DeRosa and Patrick Walsh’s WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL Podcast! Last week, we reported that the show would be roasting Adam Green’s HATCHET II at Mile High Horror Film Festival, which is unfortunately no longer the case. However, details are forthcoming about what fright film Joe and Pat will be respectfully roasting at the festival, and Mile High attendees will not want to miss it!
More exciting announcements from Mile High Horror Film Festival 2015 and FANGORIA are on the way, so stay tuned here at FANGORIA.com! VIP Memberships and Scream Passes for MHHFF ’15 have long since sold out, but individual tickets are still on sale HERE. Act fast, however; they’re going quick! You can also be among the first to get the latest announcements and any last minute alterations by signing up for Mile High’s email list HERE or HERE.