Full details revealed for Scream Factory Blu-ray of Wes Craven’s “THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS”Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
Do you dare re-enter the house of terror in Wes Craven’s THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS? If you do, you’ll find a trove of bonus features that have just been announced for Shout! Factory’s upcoming Collector’s Edition Blu-ray.
Coming August 11 as part of the Scream Factory line, the disc will feature a hi-def 1:85:1 transfer of the film, in which a young boy (Brandon Adams) ventures into a notorious home in his neighborhood and discovers its frightening secrets. Co-starring TWIN PEAKS’ Everett McGill and Wendy Robie as the twisted owners, along with Ving Rhames, A.J. Langer and Sean Whalen, PEOPLE will be accompanied by the following extras:
• Audio commentary by writer/director Craven
• Audio commentary by actors Adams, Langer, Whalen and Yan Birch
• “House Mother”: an interview with actress Robie
• “What Lies Beneath”: interviews with special makeup FX artists Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger and Robert Kurtzman
• “House of Horrors”: an interview with director of photography Sandi Sissel
• “Settling the Score”: an interview with composer Don Peake
• Behind-the-scenes footage
• Vintage “making of” featurette
• Theatrical trailer
• TV spots
• Still galleries (original storyboards and official stills)
Retail price is $29.93, and the Blu-ray can be pre-ordered at the Shout! website for $24.93; those orders will be shipped three weeks early, and will come with an exclusive 18×24-inch poster of the newly commissioned cover artwork while supplies last.