First look: “VAMPIRE CIRCUS” Blu-ray/DVD art & detailsArchive1 Fangoria Staff
Originally posted on 2010-09-17 19:37:24 by
Fango just got sent the cover and the full specs of Synapse Films’ upcoming Blu-ray/DVD combo-pack edition of VAMPIRE CIRCUS. This is the company’s 100th release, and the first in a series of Hammer titles the company is giving their North American disc premieres.
Directed by Robert Young and starring Adrienne Corri, John Moulder-Brown, Laurence Payne, Thorley Walters, Lynne Frederick and STAR WARS’ David Prowse, VAMPIRE CIRCUS is set in a 19th-century village visited by a traveling carnival whose performers are bloodsuckers. The discs arrive in December, presenting the movie in 1.66:1 widescreen—hi-def 1080p on the Blu-ray, anamorphic on the DVD—with DTS-HD MA 2.0 mono sound on the former and Dolby Digital 2.0 mono sound on the latter. The extras (produced by Daniel M. Griffith of Ballyhoo Motion Pictures) include:
• “The Bloodiest Show on Earth: Making VAMPIRE CIRCUS”—all-new documentary featuring interviews with filmmaker Joe Dante, Hammer documentarian Ted Newsom, Video Watchdog editor/author Tim Lucas, author/film historian Philip Nutman and Prowse
• “Gallery of Grotesqueries: A Brief History of Circus Horrors” retrospective featurette
• “Visiting the House of Hammer: Britain’s Legendary Horror Magazine”—retrospective on the popular British publication featuring Nutman
• “VAMPIRE CIRCUS: Interactive Comic Book”—featuring artwork by Brian Bolland
• Poster and stills gallery
• Original theatrical trailer
Retail price is $29.95; TWINS OF EVIL, HANDS OF THE RIPPER and the TV series HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR will follow from Synapse in 2011.