Final specs for “THE WALKING DEAD” fourth-season Blu-rays/DVDs
The zombies are marching onto disc with a whole bunch of bonus features in tow as THE WALKING DEAD: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON comes to Blu-ray and DVD August 26. Read on for the complete details.
Anchor Bay Entertainment will release the fourth round of the AMC horror hit in five-DVD and five-Blu-ray sets, plus a limited-edition “Tree Walker” Blu-ray package. The 16 episodes will be presented in anamorphic 1.78:1 widescreen transfers with Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio on the Blu-rays (which also come with an Ultraviolet version) and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound on the DVDs. Special features for both packages are:
• “Inside THE WALKING DEAD”
• “The Making of THE WALKING DEAD”
• “Drawing Inspiration”
• “The Governor Is Back”
• “Society, Science & Survival”
• “Inside KNB EFX”
• “A Journey Back to Brutality”
• Deleted scenes
• Episode 1 (“30 Days Without An Accident”): Audio commentary by executive producer and showrunner Scott M. Gimple, executive producer/unit production manager Tom Luse and executive producer/special FX makeup supervisor/director Greg Nicotero
• Episode 5 (“Internment”): Audio commentary by Gimple and actor Scott Wilson (Hershel)
• Episode 12 (“Still”): Audio commentary by director Julius Ramsay and actor Emily Kinney (Beth); Audio commentary by writer/producer Angela Kang and actor Norman Reedus (Daryl)
• Episode 14 (“The Grove”): Audio commentary by director Michael E. Satrazemis and actors Chad L. Coleman (Tyreese) and Melissa McBride (Carol)
The Blu-rays will additionally include extended versions of the “After” and “The Grove” episodes, plus commentary on “After” by Nicotero, co-executive producer Denise Huth and Actor Danai Gurira (Michonne). Retail prices are $69.98 for the DVD set, $79.99 for the Blu-ray package and $129.99 for the “Tree Walker” edition.