Fantasia announces Frontières 2014 projects with “BLOODY VALENTINE” director, etc.
Once again, Montreal’s Fantasia festival is hosting the Frontières International Co-Production Market, allowing filmmakers (both new and veterans) with exciting genre projects the chance to connect with potential backers, and the official lineup has been announced.
The Frontières Market will take place July 24-27 during Fantasia, which runs July 17-August 5. The following potential features will be presented to international producers, sales agents and distributors at the event:
• DEAD NOON (Luxembourg) Director/writer: Jeff Desom; producer: Bernard Michaux—Lucil Film
• EMERGENCE (Lithuania) Directors/writers: Kristina Buozyte and Bruno Samper (VANISHING WAVES); producer: Leva Norviliene—Tremora
• EXTRA ORDINARY (Ireland) Directors/writers: Mike Ahern and Enda Loughman; producers: Ailish Bracken and Katie Holly—Blinder Films
• THE EXTRACTOR (Quebec) Directors/producers: Gavin Michael Booth (THE SCAREHOUSE) and Mark A. Krupa (THE WILD HUNT)—Mimetic Entertainment; writer: Mark A. Krupa
• THE GODLESS (UK) Director: Simon Rumley (RED WHITE & BLUE); writer: Dan Schaffer (THE SCRIBBLER); producers: Bob Portal—Fidelity Films and Tim Dennison—Tall Man Films
• LOVE SICK (USA) Director/writer: Todd E. Freeman (CELL COUNT); producers: The Brothers Freeman and Lara Cuddy—Polluted Pictures; executive producer: Michael Glynn Macdonald
• THE OFFING (U.S.) Director/writer: David Prior; producer: Jeremy Platt (THE LORDS OF SALEM)
• PRINT THE LEGEND (Germany) Director/writer: Andreas Schaap (MUST LOVE DEATH); producers: Michael Dupke, Benny Theisen—Little Bridge Pictures and Simon Amberger—Neuesuper
• REVELATIONS (Canada) Director/executive producer: George Mihalka (MY BLOODY VALENTINE ’81); writer: Al Kratina
• RITE OF THE WITCH GODDESS (Canada) Director: James Sizemore (THE DEMON’S ROOK); writers: James Sizemore and Katarina Gligorijevic; producers: Katarina Gligorijevic and Tim Reis—Ultra 8 Pictures
• THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD (Portugal) Director: João Alves; writer/producer: Paulo Leite—Bad Behavior
• VAPORETTO 13 (Quebec) Director: Gabriel Pelletier (KARMINA); writer: Gabriel Pelletier, based on the novel by Robert Girardi; producer: François Ferland—Novem
There will also be an Off-Frontières selection of projects announced in mid-June; accreditation for Frontières will open May 26. Go to Fantasia’s official website for further info on the festival.