FANGORIA’s Top Ten U.S. Haunted Attractions!Books/Art/Culture,News Chris Alexander
Last year, FANGORIA gave the world the limited edition, one shot AMERICA HAUNTS magazine (copies still available here), a celebration of the scariest, most elaborate seasonal haunted attractions in America.This year, we enlisted our own Marketing Manager and noted haunted attraction enthusiast Rebekah McKendry to pick the official FANGORIA Top Ten Haunts.
“When I was a kid, I pleaded with my parents until they took me to every haunted house within a 100 mile radius of our home,” says McKendry. “I now pride myself on having toured some of the best haunts in the country, traveling the states to visit as many haunts as I can find. This list is the result of extensive, fright-filled FANGORIA-sanctioned research.”
FANGO’s picks for scariest US-based haunts are as follows:
- 13th Floor Haunted House (Denver, CO)
- The Beast (Kansas City, MO)
- Cutting Edge (Fort Worth, TX)
- Bennett’s Curse (Jessup, MD)
- Headless Horseman (Ulster Park, NY)
- House of Torment (Austin, TX)
- 13th Gate (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Erebus (Pontiac, Michigan)
- Bates Motel (Glen Mills, PA)
- Nightmare on 13th(Salt Lake City, UT)
For complete, in-depth analysis of each and every one of our weird winners, make sure you pick up a copy of the upcoming FANGORIA #337, our special Wes Craven/A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET blow-out issue.
Stay scared and have a safe and awesome October!