Corman’s Drive-In is now live!
Maverick movie mogul and exploitation mastermind Roger Corman and his long-time partner in cinematic – and romantic – crime Julie, have finally launched “Corman’s Drive-In” on YouTube, a rotating selection of 30 films per month from the over 400 wild titles in Corman’s vast library.
“Corman’s Drive-In” is a subscription programming service and for a meager $3.99 per month (starting with a 14-day free trial subscription), fans can have access to 30 new titles mixed and matched every month as well as new content, making-of featurettes and behind-the-scenes trivia.
“Corman’s Drive-In” kicks off with Jack Nicholson’s debut double-feature, THE CRYBABY KILLER and LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. “I cast Jack [Nicholson] in his first few pictures,” explains Roger Corman, who discovered Nicholson in an acting class. “They’re some of his best performances. We’ll release those along with other cult classics and some modern titles. We’ll screen the best pictures from all six decades.”
Julie Corman adds,“This is a brave new world. Roger has always been on the cutting-edge and now he’s paving the way for independent filmmakers by testing a new distribution platform. Streaming our films opens them up to future generations of fans.”
The two Nicholson flicks are:
· THE CRYBABY KILLER (1958) Jack Nicholson makes his film debut as a juvenile delinquent, who panics when he thinks he’s committed murder.
· LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (1960 – colorized version) Director Roger Corman famously shot this crazy beat-era classic in two days. Jonathan Haze stars as clumsy assistant florist who brings in a man-eating plant to work. Written by Charles B. Griffith, the cult classic also a very young Jack Nicholson as a masochistic dental patient. The film is a pop phenomenon, birthing a remake and a musical.
Other films releasing in June are:
· Eat My Dust (1976) Starring Ron Howard
· Stripped to Kill (1987)
· Crime Zone (1989) Starring David Carradine and Sherilyn Fenn.
· The Big Doll House (1971) Pam Grier’s first big acting role.
· Barbarian Queen (1985) Lana Clarkson’s most famous role.
· Deathstalker (1983) Starring Rick Hill, former Playboy Playmate Barbi Benton and Lana Clarkson.
· Brain Dead (1990) Bill Paxon, Bill Pullman and Bud Cort star.
· Dinocroc (2004)
· Dracula Rising (1993) Starring Christopher Atkins
· Forbidden World (1982)
· Sorority House Massacre (1986)
· Lady Frankenstein (1971)
· Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957)
· Starcrash (1978) Stars Marjoe Gortner, David Hasselhoff, Christopher Plummer and Joe Spinell.
· Piranha (1978) Directed by Joe Dante.