Complete specs revealed for “GINGER SNAPS” Scream Factory Collector’s EditionMovies/TV,News Michael Gingold
Ever since its first release, the modern-classic werewolfilm GINGER SNAPS has been in dire need of a proper U.S. special-edition disc, and now it’s finally got one as a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD combo is coming, and the full details have been unveiled.
Shout! Factory unleashes the GINGER SNAPS two-disc set July 22 under the Scream Factory banner. John Fawcett’s film features galvanizing performances by Emily Perkins and Katharine Isabelle as outcast teen sisters who are fiercely loyal to each other, but whose bond becomes threatened when one is bitten by a werewolf and begins to undergo a frightening transformation. Previously issued Stateside on a bare-bones, extras-free DVD by Artisan, SNAPS now gets its full due from Shout!, with a 1080p hi-def widescreen transfer, DTS-HD Master Audio and a ton of special features:
• New interviews with director Fawcett, writer Karen Walton, actors Perkins and Jesse Moss, producer Steve Hoban, makeup FX artist Paul Jones, composer Michael Shields and editor Brett Sullivan
• New Women in Horror panel discussing GINGER SNAPS
• Audio commentary by Fawcett
• Audio commentary by Walton
• Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Fawcett and Walton
• “The Making of GINGER SNAPS” vintage featurette
• “Creation of the Beast”
• “Being John Fawcett”
• Cast auditions and rehearsals
• Theatrical trailers
• TV spots
• Production design/artwork/photo Gallery
Retail price is $29.93, but it’s currently available for pre-order for $21.95 at Shout!’s website, where the first 300 orders will receive an exclusive 18 x 24” poster featuring the newly commissioned cover art.