Complete contents: Scream Factory’s Blu-ray of Wes Craven’s “SHOCKER”Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
Horace Pinker will be coming through your TV set again when Shout! Factory releases Wes Craven’s SHOCKER on a fully loaded Scream Factory Collector’s Edition Blu-ray in September. Read on for the full details.
SHOCKER, in which convicted serial murderer Pinker (Mitch Pileggi) survives his execution as an electrical spirit to claim further victims, arrives September 8 and will be presented in a 1080p hi-def 1.85:1 transfer with DTS-HD Master Audio stereo. The copious special features will include:
• NEW! Audio commentary by director of photography Jacques Haitkin, co-producer Robert Engelman and composer William Goldstein
• NEW! “Cable Guy”: An all-new interview with actor Pileggi
• NEW! “Alison’s Adventures”: An interview with actress Cami Cooper
• NEW! “It’s Alive”: An interview with executive producer Shep Gordon
• NEW! “No More Mr. Nice Guy—The Music of SHOCKER,” featuring interviews with music supervisor Desmond Child and soundtrack artists Bruce Kulick (KISS), Jason McMaster (Dangerous Toys), Kane Roberts (Alice Cooper) and Dave Ellefson (Megadeth)
• Audio commentary by writer/director Craven
• Two vintage making-of-SHOCKER featurettes including an interview with Craven
• Theatrical trailer
• TV spots
• Radio spots
• Original storyboard gallery
• Still gallery
Retail price is $29.93, but if you pre-order the Blu-ray at the Scream Factory website, you’ll get it two weeks early and receive an exclusive 18×24-inch poster featuring the newly commissioned cover art while supplies last.