Blu-ray/DVDetails & art: Scream Factory’s “NIGHT OF THE COMET” is fully loaded
The end of the world comes with tons of bonus features as Shout! Factory releases a Blu-ray/DVD combo of Thom Eberhardt’s NIGHT OF THE COMET in November under the Scream Factory banner. Read on to check out the art and complete specs.
Streeting Nov. 19, the NIGHT OF THE COMET Collector’s Edition sports an anamorphic 1.78:1 widescreen transfer (in 1080p high definition on the Blu-ray) of the film, in which Catherine Mary Stewart and Kelli Maroney play sisters who are among the few survivors after a passing comet turns Earth’s inhabitants into dust—or hungry zombies. EATING RAOUL’s Robert Beltran and Mary Woronov, along with Sharon Farrell and Geoffrey Lewis, co-star. The copious bonus features include:
• Audio commentary by writer/director Eberhardt
• Audio commentary by stars Maroney and Stewart
• Audio commentary by production designer John Muto
• “Valley Girls at the End of the World”: Interviews with Maroney and Stewart
• “The Last Man on Earth?”: Interview with actor Beltran
• “Curse of the Comet”: Interview with special makeup FX creator David B. Miller
• Still galleries (behind-the-scenes and official stills)
• Theatrical trailer
Retail price is $29.93, but the first 200 people who order it for $21.95 from Shout!’s website get an exclusive 18×24” poster featuring the newly commissioned cover artwork.