Blood in the Snow Film Festival Announces Full Lineup!
Now entering its second year after a sold-out first round in 2012, the 2013 BLOOD IN THE SNOW Film Festival —sponsored in part by FANGORIA—has just announced its full lineup.
Running from November 29th to December 1st in Toronto at the iconic Carlton Cinemas on College St., BLOOD IN THE SNOW focuses on new, indie Canadian horror that is challenging, frightening and above all else, fun.
Last night at the preview screening of the slick low budgeter THE BASEMENT, fest director (and FANGORIA contributor) Kelly Stewart presented the list of films and the full schedule. They are:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2013
• 7:00 –EVANGELINE (dir. Karen Lam) North American Premiere
w. TO HELL, WITH LOVE (dir. Gavin Michael Booth)
• 9:30 –THANATOMORPHOSE (dir. Éric Falardeau) Toronto Premiere (See our write-up from Fantasia!)
w. STREAMER (dir. Jared Bratt) Canadian Premiere
• Midnight – opening night party – Marquis of Granby
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2013
• 4:00 – GHOSTKEEPERS (dir. Anthony Mann) Toronto Premiere
w. A Certain Kind of Monster (dir. Mike Moring) Toronto Premiere
•7:00 – BITS: Short Film Showcase
RUBY’S SECRET (dir. Kalen Artinian) North American Premiere
TASHA AND FRIENDS (dir. Greg Kovacs) World Premiere
DEAD RUSH (dir. Zachary Ramelan) World Premiere
THE MEETING (dir. Karen Lam) Toronto Premiere
OLD SANGUINE (dir. Paul Neary) Toronto Premiere
MR. SPONTANEOUS (dir. Steven Cerritos) Toronto Premiere
SPOOKSLAYERS (dir. Mike Pereira) World Premiere
DEAD ALL NIGHT (dir. Christopher Giroux) Toronto Premiere
• 9:30 – CLEAN BREAK (dir. Tricia Lee) Canadian Premiere
W. ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD (dir. Navin Ramaswaran) CANADIAN PREMIERE
• Midnight – BLOOD RIDERS: THE DEVIL RIDES WITH US (dir. Lari Teräs) World Premiere
W. FODDER (dir. David Dollard) World Premiere
SUNDAY DECEMBER 1, 2013
• 4:00 – CRIMINAL (dir. Elliot Dawson-Clark) World Premiere
W. JUSTICE (dir. Karl Janisse) World Premiere & THE GIRL IN THE ROAD (dir. Brian W. Lockyer ) Toronto Premiere
• 7:00 –DISCOPATH (dir. Renaud Gauthier) Toronto Premiere (See our review from this past summer’s Fantasia Film Festival)
W. LIVELY (dir. Jay Clarke) World Premiere
• 9:30 – closing party – Marquis of Granby
While the good folks at TIFF celebrate the legacy of Canada’s greatest gory export, BLOOD IN THE SNOW aims to find the next wave of northerners dead set on shocking the world. To get your tickets and learn more about the fest visit Blood in the Snow now.