Art, Release Details: John Harrison’s “CREEPSHOW” Vinyl from WaxworkBooks/Art/Culture,News Samuel Zimmerman
Waxwork Records, who’ve done stellar work with reissues of ROSEMARY’S BABY, DAY OF THE DEAD and RE-ANIMATOR have unveiled the full package behind their definitive release of John Harrison’s CREEPSHOW score. The soundtrack of George Romero and Stephen King’s iconic ode to horror comics past will boast art by “Ghoulish” Gary Pullin, five variants so that you may celebrate whichever segment of the film is your favorite and much more.
Since I truly admire vinyl, but can speak very little about it, find all of the details, as well as images of the package, below. You can pre-order CREEPSHOW at Waxwork Records beginning Tuesday, April 1.
WAXWORK RECORDS is thrilled to announce their next LP release to the 1982 horror anthology classic, CREEPSHOW. The film was directed by George A. Romero and written by Stephen King. The score was composed and performed by John Harrison (DAY OF THE DEAD, TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE).
This definitive release of the film score has never before been released. The original master tapes of the CREEPSHOW film score were lost for over 30 years, but with the efforts of composer John Harrison and Waxwork Records, the tapes were located in the attic of Jeree Recording Studios in New Brighton, PA. The tapes remained in remarkable shape over the years and were re-mixed and re-mastered for vinyl. The CREEPSHOW score has never sounded this good.
Pre-orders begin Tuesday, April 1st via waxworkrecords.com LP package details include:
• Heavyweight casebound tip-on gatefold jacket with a satin coating
• Director essay from George A. Romero
• Composer essay from John Harrison
• A built-in booklet featuring production stills, artwork, and liner notes
• A satin coated 12×12 art print of The Creeper
• Full album packaging artwork by Ghoulish Gary Pullin
This release features FIVE different vinyl variations that correspond to each story in the film. Each variant is pressed onto high quality 180 gram vinyl and are as follows:
• Father’s Day: Cake Icing vinyl with Blood Clot splatter
• Something To Tide You Over: Transparent Ocean Blue vinyl
• The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill: Transparent “Meteor Shit” green vinyl
• The Crate: Fluffy Fur Gray vinyl with Blood Clot splatter
• They’re Creeping Up On You!: Cockroach Brown vinyl
2. The Creepshow Welcomes You
3. Henry Is Told The Family Secrets
4. She Bashed His Head In
5. Bedelia Arrives
6. Where’s My Cake? I Want My Cake
7. Nate Comes Out Of The Grave
8. Henry Goes Looking
9. Henry Meets Nate; Henry Gets Crushed
10. I Got My Cake
11. Sylvia On A Platter – A Meteor Arrives
12. Jordy Discovers His Meteor
13. Jordy Hallucinates And Takes A Bath
14. From The Farm To The Beach
15. Get In The Hole Harry
16. If You Can Hold Your Breath
17. Richard Watches Them Drown
18. From The Beach To The College
19. Mike Discovers The Crate
20. Dex And Mike Move The Crate
21. Dex And Mike Open The Crate
22. Mike Meets Fluffy
23. Henry Leaves Wilma A Note
24. Wilma Looks Under The Stairs
25. Wake Up! Wake Up!
26. Fluffy Eats Wilma
27. Henry Dumps Fluffy
28. What Are Friends For?
30. Bugs Start Creeping Up On Pratt
32. The End Of Pratt
33. Garbage Men Find Billy’s Comic Book
34. Until Next Time