If you wish to go to the current Fangoria site, you may click the top logo, "Home" or "News" links. Or click here.
• Blue Underground will give director/producer Joseph Zito’s 1981 slasher film THE PROWLER, featuring some of Tom Savini’s grisliest makeup FX, its Blu-ray debut this summer. The story of a graduation dance stalked by a psychopath decades after brutal murder had put an end to the annual celebration is presented uncut and uncensored in full 1080p HD and 1.85:1 widescreen, with DTS-HD 7.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX and original mono soundtracks.
Extras on the disc, which streets July 27, include:
• Audio commentary by Zito and Savini
• Savini’s behind-the-scenes gore footage
• Theatrical trailer
Retail price is $29.98.
• IFC Films and MPI Media Group gave Fango the special-features info on SOUTHERN GOTHIC, set for DVD release May 18. Writer/director Mark Young’s film is about a strip club bouncer who befriends one of the dancers and then has to rescue her when she’s abducted by a vampire preacher. Yul Vazquez, Nicole DuPort and William Forsythe star, and the disc supplements are:
• Audio commentary
• Making-of featurette
• U.S. and director’s trailers
Retail price is $24.98.
• Fango got the scoop that Elite Entertainment will release DEVIL’S GROVE on DVD and Blu-ray July 6 through Hannover House, as the first in a series of co-presentations with the New York City Horror Film Festival. R. Zoe Judd and Michael J. Hein directed this gorefest in which high-school filmmakers venture into an abandoned amusement park where a family was brutally slaughtered seven years before. Needless to say, the youths are fated to be a new round of victims. The unrated movie will be accompanied on the discs by:
• Audio commentary by Judd, Hein and actress Kimberly Magness
• Production stills
You can see DEVIL’S GROVE’s official website here.
• THE ECLIPSE, Conor McPherson’s well-reviewed drama with ghost-story overtones, has been given a June 29 DVD/Blu-ray date by Magnolia Home Entertainment. The film, which stars Ciarán Hinds (who discussed it with us here), Iben Hjelje and Aidan Quinn, will be presented in widescreen with a making-of featurette and deleted scenes; retail price is $26.98 for the DVD and $29.98 for the Blu-ray.
• The filmmakers behind the supernatural chiller AMHURST sent the news that, after problems with their original distributor, they have a DVD release in the works for this summer (specific date to be determined) under the Hourglass Pictures banner. Directed by Rocky Costanzo from a screenplay by Lisa Costanzo, the film stars Amy Tiehel as Rebecca Cabot, a young woman who returns with her husband and kids to her childhood home, where her twin sister disappeared years ago and her alcoholic, abusive grandfather may have been responsible. Now the old guy is dead—but he may not be gone, as Rebecca becomes plagued by nightmares and strange occurences. The disc will present the movie in 1.85:1 widescreen with Dolby Digital sound, plus the following special features:
• Audio commentary by Rocky and Lisa Costanzo
• “Beyond the Boundaries” 30-minute documentary, with interviews, deleted scenes and outtakes
The first 1,000 units will be Limited Premiere Editions with alternate artwork (pictured here) on an O-card. You can find out more about AMHURST and its DVD at the movie’s Facebook page.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS, CONTESTS, EVENTS AND MORE!
All contents © 2011 Fangoria Entertainment