If you wish to go to the current Fangoria site, you may click the top logo, "Home" or "News" links. Or click here.
Lucio Fulci’s gore classic ZOMBIE (a.k.a. ZOMBI 2) has
stalked through a number of past video editions, but the definitive
presentation appears to be on the way as it’s coming out in two-disc Ultimate
Editions on DVD and Blu-ray from Blue Underground. The complete specs just came through along with
the cover art, so read on!
The new ZOMBIE sets street October 25, presenting the movie
in 2K high-definition 2.35:1 transfers from the original uncut camera negative
(1080p on the Blu-ray), supervised by cinematographer Sergio Salvati. Both
editions will include Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX and original mono
soundtracks, plus DTS-ES 6.1 audio on the DVD and DTS-HD 7.1 on the Blu-ray.
And there will be lots of special features to chew on, with hours of brand new
• Audio commentary by star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik magazine editor Jason J. Slater
• Guillermo del Toro introduction
• Theatrical trailers
• TV spots
• Radio spots
• Poster and still gallery
• “Zombie Wasteland”: Interviews with stars McCulloch,
Richard Johnson and Al Cliver and actor/stuntman Ottaviano Dell’Acqua
• “Flesh Eaters on Film”: Interview with co-producer
Fabrizio De Angelis
• “Deadtime Stories”: Interviews with co-writers Elisa
Briganti and (uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
• “World of the Dead”: Interviews with cinematographer
Salvati and production/costume designer Walter Patriarca
• “Zombi Italiano”: Interviews with special makeup FX
artists Giannetto De Rossi and Maurizio Trani and special FX artist Gino De
• “Notes on a Headstone”: Interview with composer Fabio
• “All in the Family”: Interview with Antonella Fulci
• “Zombie Lover”: del Toro talks about one of his favorite
prices are $29.98 for the DVD set, $39.98 for the Blu-ray. See a new trailer below the art!
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS, CONTESTS, EVENTS AND MORE!
All contents © 2011 Fangoria Entertainment