If you wish to go to the current Fangoria site, you may click the top logo, "Home" or "News" links. Or click here.
• Filmmaker/Fango contributor Robert Galluzzo has been working on his feature-length documentary THE PSYCHO LEGACY for some time now, amassing interviews with just about everyone still living who contributed to the Alfred Hitchcock classic and its sequels. Now, we’ve got the scoop on when you’ll be able to check it out.
Shout! Factory gave Fango the word that it will release THE PSYCHO LEGACY as a two-DVD special edition October 19, celebrating the 50-year anniversary of the original film’s release. Special features have yet to be confirmed, but Galluzzo hints at a couple of ’em at the documentary’s official website. Retail price is $19.93.
A week later, on October 26, Shout! brings us a special edition of CANNIBAL GIRLS, the 1973 Canadian horror/comedy directed by Ivan Reitman and featuring Eugene Levy and Andrea Martin, before they broke out into the mainstream with MEATBALLS, GHOSTBUSTERS, SCTV, etc.; this one’s priced at $22.97. And following up GAMERA VS. BARUGON (see details here), the company has two giant-turtle double features on tap for September 21: GAMERA VS. GYAOS/GAMERA VS. VIRAS and GAMERA VS. GUIRON/GAMERA VS. JIGER. All four films will be presented in both their original Japanese-language editions and with two English dubs—including the infamous Sandy Frank versions. Both double bills will be priced at $19.93; extras for these and CANNIBAL GIRLS have yet to be determined as well.
• A new label called Independent Entertainment launches September 21 with the shocker DEFILED and a special edition of the anthology FACES OF SCHLOCK. The latter showcases segments directed by Henrique Couto, Chris LaMartina, Andrew Shearer and Justin Channell, dealing with occult revenge, a haunted theater, a dancer whose severed foot becomes reanimated and a Christmas Eve massacre (the last one featuring Ruby LaRocca). Presented in 16x9 widescreen with 2.0 stereo sound, the movie is accompanied by:
• Audio commentary
• Behind-the-scenes featurettes
• Outtakes and bloopers
• World premiere featurette
• Cinema Wasteland 2009 featurette
• Schlock Rock music video featuring Jasper the Colossal
• Website bonus material
Retail price is $14.98. In writer/director Zachary Paul’s DEFILED, a young woman (Amanda Myers) who habitually hooks up with men she meets on-line decides she wants something a little more extreme and finds a guy who’s willing to indulge her—but then takes things much farther than she intended. The 16x9 widescreen transfer will be supplemented with audio commentary and a trailer vault; retail price is $19.98.
• Special-features info has come down for BLOOD ON THE HIGHWAY, the Texas vampire opus that E1 Entertainment releases June 29. Directed by Barak Epstein and Blair Rowan from a script by Rowan and Chris Gardner, it’s set in a town that has been overrun by vampires, and where three stranded friends must team with the last local survivors to stop the undead onslaught. Deva George, Robin Gierhart, Nate Rubin, Laura Stone, Tom Towles and BUFFY’s Nicholas Brendon star; the movie is presented in 16x9-enhanced 1.78:1 widescreen with 5.1 Surround sound, plus these supplements:
• Audio commentary by Epstein, Rowan, Gardner, George, Stone, executive producer Robert Bell, cinematographer Clay Liford, sound designer Gary Parks and crewmember Christopher Simpson
• “12 Days in Fate” behind-the-scenes documentary
• Con$umart Employee Orientation Video
• Visual FX reel
Retail price is $24.98.
• If you loved the erotic end-of-the-world spoof I AM VIRGIN, get ready for the follow-up: STRIPPERLAND is coming! Once again directed by Sean Skelding and hitting DVD November 23 from IMDFilms, the movie is set in an America overrun by stripper zombies, and focuses on a quartet of survivors (Ben Sheppard, Maren McGuire, Jamison Challeen and Ileane Herrin) battling their way through the ecdysiast flesheaters. Gilbert Gottfried, Daniel Baldwin, Tom Towles, Linna Quigley, Boyd Banks and Lloyd Kaufman turn up in cameos; special features, if any, have yet to be announced, and the retail price is $19.95.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND BE THE FIRST TO KNOW ABOUT NEWS, CONTESTS, EVENTS AND MORE!
All contents © 2011 Fangoria Entertainment